Frequently Asked Questions
What OpenVZ templates do you offer?
We offer the following OpenVZ templates for use with our services:
- CentOS 6 32-bit/64-bit
- CentOS 7
- Debian 6 32-bit/64-bit
- Debian 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Debian 8 32-bit/64-bit
- Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit/64-bit
- Ubuntu 16.04 32-bit/64-bit
Does your OpenVZ nodes supports using TUN/TAP inside the VPS?
If you would like to enable TUN/TAP support for your OpenVZ VPS, you can enable it via the VPS Control Panel. Login to https://panel.xarixlite.com and find your VPS and enable TUN/TAP support for your VPS.
Does your OpenVZ nodes supports using PPP inside the VPS?
If you would like to enable PPP support for your OpenVZ VPS, you can enable it via the VPS Control Panel. Login to https://panel.xarixlite.com and find your VPS and enable PPP support for your VPS.
Does your OpenVZ nodes support loading kernel modules?
OpenVZ containers by design only containerizes user-space applications. If you have an application that requires the use of a kernel module, then OpenVZ hosting is unsuitable for your application.
Does your OpenVZ nodes support using kernel mode IPSec inside the guest?
Kernel-level IPSec via the Linux kernel’s XFRM stack is currently unsupported on our OpenVZ hosting platform.
How will I be billed?
Our services are billed either monthly, semi-anually or yearly on the day you signed up with is.
- Yearly Option – If your sign-up date with us was on Feburary 12th, your next billing cycle will be the following year on Feburary 12th
- Semi-Annually Option – if your sign up date with us was on Feburary 12th, your next billing cycle will be 6 months after Feburary 12th, which in our example will be on October 12th
- Monthly Option – If your sign-up date with us was on Feubrary 12th, your next billing cycle will be on the 12th of the following month
Why was my account deleted?
We expect customers using our services respect our AUP. As the supply of VPS’s are limited, we will cancel orders that do not conform to our AUP and refund such payments. Examples of violating the AUP includes, but not excluding:
- False customer information and/or address provided during the ordering process
- Order or Signup made with an IP address that is registered to a non-residential or business ISP range
- Orders or invoices paid with payment cards or PayPal accounts that is not in your name
- Multiple attempts to place orders with fraudulent details or payment details
Why was my VPS suspended?
As outlined in the above question, we expect customers of our VPS services abide with the Acceptable Usage Policy. Examples of violating the AUP includes, but not excluding:
- Sending unsolicited electronic messages of any nature
- Using our services to disrupt or degrade a third party’s services
- Mining of cryptocurrencies.
- Hosting content that is in violation of the laws of the United States of America
- Using our services to attack other systems or probe for security weaknesses, this also includes “pentesting”
- Unreasonable abuse of shared resources to the point where the reasonable enjoyment of other customers on our systems are impacted
- Hosting a TOR exit node or an anonymous proxy
Can I change my Operating System after I’ve ordered my VPS?
Reinstallations can be done via the Control Panel.
Can my products be upgraded or downgraded?
All of our products can be upgraded and/or downgraded. However such product changes are not automatic and do require manual intervention to move the products between service tiers. Product upgrades or downgrades may take up to 1-2 business days to complete.
Does your OpenVZ VPS come with a private network?
Unfortunately, in order to keep costs low, we have decided not to offer a private IP range where you can transfer data internally within the datacenter. However if you are looking for such functionality, our sister company, Xarix Cloud Computing offers Virtualized Networking that allows you to have a private network that is completely isolated from other tenants.
Do you offer Windows Hosting?
Our sister company, Xarix Cloud Computing, offers Windows hosting under a fully virtualized platform. Additionally we also offer a virtualized network for our clients so they can have their virtual machines use their own private IP address inside their own virtualized network.